Sunday, January 8, 2012

WISE SURFING

As a visual artist(Designer) colors play a huge part in my life and with such imagination I love to tamper with multiplies. Recently I was featured in an Art, Food & Soul event, where I was able to showcase a little of my work and give those that attended an idea of who I am as an artist along with defining my work. I remember one guest commented saying to me, "I see you like the color purple, is that a favorite?" I had to think for a second, laugh and respond by saying, "Growing up in elementary school purple has been a favorite color for a long time and truthfully I haven't noticed how much I've used it in my work"; I guess I've never really paid close attention. Well since the year has began, I have opened my eyes and noticed two colors that reveals signatures of a close friend and I; in which would be, Red & Blue. And then I realized after so many years of our friendship these colors represent our zodiac gemstones (funny how it forms the color purple).

They say Red is associated with fiery heat and warmth, which is the color of blood that has strong symbolism of energy and continuance of life. It brings focus to essence of living with emphasis on survival with such passion. The color Blue usually shows perspective towards visions; which allows us to look beyond and increase our perspective outward. It contains a cool vibration that is helpful for communication. The combination forms Purple which is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It brings peace of mind and relaxation that develops wisdom and power.

I truly believe friendships builds relations with those that are mindful of who you are as a being with no judgment. I am grateful to have an angel lift my feet when I'm having trouble flying my wings. Thanx to my BFF, love you always!


Put some RED in your life when you want:
-increased enthusiasm and interest
-more energy
-action and confidence to go after your dreams
-protection from fears and anxieties


Put some BLUE in your life when you want:
-calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
-to open the flow of communication
-to broaden your perspective in learning new information
-solitude and peace


Put some PURPLE in your life when you want:
-to use your imagination to its fullest
-to re-balance your life
-to remove obstacles
-to calm over-activity or to energize from depression

"Be Original, Be Avant Garde"

No comments:

Post a Comment